Looking for a new way to use Lake Meadow Naturals eggs? Try this favorite recipe on the farm.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2-1 cup sugar (We like it tart with less sugar 1/2 cup is usually perfect)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice which ever you like or is available (both are great!)
- Unsalted Butter 4-5oz or 1/4 lb cubed about 1 stick of conventional butter (its better with the Amish Butter)
- Start by seperating yolks from whites and place yolks in a bowl (discard whites or reserve for meringue or another dish) and whisk in sugar
- Once yolks and sugar are combined well, add lemon juice to bowl and whisk together.
- Pour yolk, sugar, and lemon juice mixture into a double boiler and whisk continually over medium heat, until the mixture starts to thicken to the consistency of pudding.
- Once thickened pull the mixture off the heat and gradually add cubes of butter one or two at a time and whisk in to melt them until they are all mixed in well and you can no longer see the butter.
- Serve slightly warm with a little heavy whipped cream and garnish with a berry and a sprig of fresh mint.
Its also traditionally served with scones which is also really yummy!
This can also be topped with one of the Mountain Co, fruit spreads at the farm store, they are awesome our favorite is the rhubarb and the sour power!